Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Memphis Veterinary Specialists (MVS) offers an exciting opportunity for a board certified or residency trained Veterinary Oncologist looking to join our growing, multi-disciplinary, referral and emergency hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
At Memphis Veterinary Specialists, you will work hand in hand with our team of specialists that include Internal Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, and Radiology. In addition, our Emergency department facilitates daytime referred emergencies into the hospital, reducing the emergency caseload of our specialists. Memphis Veterinary Specialists has been providing specialty and emergency care for patients since 1998 and has a deep referral base that extends throughout Tennessee and into Northern Mississippi and Arkansas. Due to the continued growth of the practice, in 2011 we built an 18,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility to allow ample space for our growing team. There are two on-site CT Scanners, digital radiology, endoscopy, ultrasound, and an I-131 treatment ward.
Memphis Veterinary Specialists is committed to practicing high quality, progressive medicine with emphasis on client communication. Our experienced staff provides skilled technical experience, customer service, marketing and management so our specialists are free to focus on medical care. The ideal candidate is a motivated, team-oriented individual who has a positive attitude and thrives in a fast paced environment. Communication skills are essential; both in providing collaborative care in-house as well as working with our referring veterinarians.
- Clinical Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate clinical knowledge and skill in examining and assessing animals. Perform cardiovascular, respiratory, orthopedic, neurological and other necessary examinations. Diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to develop solutions to challenges relating to the management of a high-quality veterinary hospital.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrate effective communication of diagnostic and therapeutic options to clients. Display effective communication with internal medical and hospital staff.
- Professionalism: Work as part of a high-quality, professional veterinary team with the ability to provide and receive appropriate constructive criticism, suggestions, and feedback.
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand the management and finances of the veterinary hospital practice.
- Ethics: Knowledge and understanding of ethical principles that guide decisions affecting patients.
- Commitment to Continuing Education: Commitment to utilize available resources of continuing education and to facilitate learning of others.
- Veterinarian degree (DVM) from an accredited college or university.
- Current State Veterinary License.
- DEA registration must be obtained and maintained.
- Five plus years of experience in a veterinary practice.
- Experience overseeing Veterinary Technicians and Assistants as well as other hospital or practice staff.
- Must demonstrate a desire to continue learning in veterinary care and participate in leading staff training.
Position Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent Communication Skills and the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and in a timely manner with all members of the Medical and Hospital staff.
- Client communication skills, must be able to elicit information, establish rapport, offer explanations with pet owners.
- Display confidence and reassurance when dealing with pets experiencing severe stress, illness, or pain.
- May include some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Some tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work.
- Position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Located in Memphis, the mid-south area offers warm weather, friendly people, great food and fantastic music. Memphis gives you a small town feel in a not so small city. Memphis was recently named one of Time Magazine's 100 Greatest Places of 2021!
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Cordova Hospital?
At Memphis Veterinary Specialists, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Memphis Veterinary Specialists, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.
OUR CORE VALUES
From Happy Pet Owners
“Forever thankful to kind, sweet, gentle, wonderful Dr. Tina Brown. Our 3 year old girl has been sick for months, but after one month she is back to feeling her happy, playful self again. It feels wonderful to have such an excellent support system in place when I need help.”