Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Memphis Veterinary Specialists and Emergency (MVS) is eagerly seeking an Emergency Veterinarian (full or part time) with at least one year of experience to join our team. MVS is a multi-specialty and emergency center serving over 2000 veterinarians across five states. We have the most highly-qualified veterinary specialists in a wide range of specialty services, making our hospital stand apart.
While we have been in business for over 20 years, our practice is still rapidly growing. We are proud to have built an award-winning, 19,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility. We offer advanced diagnostics including CT scan, digital radiology, ultrasound/echocardiography, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, arthroscopy and laparoscopy. Our well balanced, experienced staff provides skilled technical experience, and excellent customer service.
Have the chance to work alongside specialty services that include surgery, dermatology, ophthalmology, and internal medicine. Our team of experienced clinicians practice the highest standard of medicine, and aim to create a great atmosphere for both patients and owners.
At MVS we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Our ideal candidate has an excellent attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to provide both cohesive medical care and communication between client, referring veterinarians and our specialists.
What can be expected:
- Minimum base salary @ $150,000
- Pro/Sal structure bonus of 23%
- Generous signing bonus
- DVM:Support staff is 1:3+
- A schedule of (3)-12 hour shifts per week
- Day, swing, or night shift - or any combination
- Industry leading benefits | Healthy CE allowance
- Work alongside top Board Certified Specialists on site daily
- Ophthalmology | Radiology | Surgery
- Mentorship with Internist every week!
- Excellent support staff for both daytime & overnight
- Part time or PRN schedule available
- 3rd party relocation (if needed)
- Veterinarian degree (DVM) from an accredited college or university.
- Current State Veterinary License.
- DEA registration must be obtained and maintained.
- Must demonstrate a desire to continue learning in veterinary care and participate in leading staff training.
Position Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent Communication Skills and the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and in a timely manner with all members of the Medical and Hospital staff.
- Client communication skills, must be able to elicit information, establish rapport, offer explanations with pet owners.
- Display confidence and reassurance when dealing with pets experiencing severe stress, illness, or pain.
- May include some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Some tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work.
- Position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Located near Memphis, the mid-south area offers warm weather, friendly people, great food and fantastic music. Memphis gives you a small town feel in a not so small city.
MVS offers a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage, 401(k) retirement package; Paid Time Off, CE Allowance; Professional Liability Coverage; and Professional Dues Coverage. For further information about our practice, you may visit our website at www.memphisveterinaryspecialists.com.
Check out our video to learn more! Memphis Veterinary Specialists & Emergency
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Cordova Hospital?
At Memphis Veterinary Specialists, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Memphis Veterinary Specialists, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.
OUR CORE VALUES
From Happy Pet Owners
"My little guy had the best knowledgeable care, I felt very welcomed, and everyone was very generous. Thank you, MVS!”