Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Memphis Veterinary Specialists (MVS) is excited to welcome a board-certified or residency trained Criticalist to our team of Veterinary professionals. Our culture is unique and healthy; we truly enjoy each other's company and have fun at work while providing quality care to our clients and patients. Our specialists and emergency clinicians go out of their way to support each other and are highly collaborative.
MVS is a multi-specialty and emergency center serving over 2000 veterinarians across five states.
What our hospital offers:
- 18,000 square foot state of the art facility
- Two on-site CT scanners, digital radiology, endoscopy, ultrasound, and an I-131 treatment ward
- Experienced team of staff to provide skilled technical care, customer service, and management
At Memphis Veterinary Specialists, we take the health and well-being of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging a well-rounded work/life balance. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, quality health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, generous continuing education allowance and additional paid time off, numerous discounts through our partners and reimbursement for membership dues and license fees.
- Clinical Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrate clinical knowledge and skill in examining and assessing animals. Perform cardiovascular, respiratory, orthopedic, neurological and other necessary examinations. Diagnosis and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to develop solutions to challenges relating to the management of a high-quality veterinary hospital.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrate effective communication of diagnostic and therapeutic options to clients. Display effective communication with internal medical and hospital staff.
- Professionalism: Work as part of a high-quality, professional veterinary team with the ability to provide and receive appropriate constructive criticism, suggestions, and feedback.
- Business Acumen: Ability to understand the management and finances of the veterinary hospital practice.
- Ethics: Knowledge and understanding of ethical principles that guide decisions affecting patients.
- Commitment to Continuing Education: Commitment to utilize available resources of continuing education and to facilitate learning of others.
- Veterinarian degree (DVM) from an accredited college or university.
- Current State Veterinary License.
- DEA registration must be obtained and maintained.
- Five plus years of experience in a veterinary practice.
- Experience overseeing Veterinary Technicians and Assistants as well as other hospital or practice staff.
- Must demonstrate a desire to continue learning in veterinary care and participate in leading staff training.
Position Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent Communication Skills and the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and in a timely manner with all members of the Medical and Hospital staff.
- Client communication skills, must be able to elicit information, establish rapport, offer explanations with pet owners.
- Display confidence and reassurance when dealing with pets experiencing severe stress, illness, or pain.
- May include some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Some tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work.
- Position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
For more information contact Leslie Lynette, RVT, CVPM at LLynette@petvetcarecenters.com
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Cordova Hospital?
At Memphis Veterinary Specialists, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Memphis Veterinary Specialists, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.
OUR CORE VALUES
From Happy Pet Owners
Dr. Miller and all of the MVS staff are fantastic! They all have gone above and beyond for our precious Peteie! Thank you for all you do.”