Veterinary Specialists for MidSouth Pets
Memphis Veterinary Specialists (MVS) is a referral-based specialty hospital serving the needs of small animal patients of the entire Mid-South region. Formerly MedVet Memphis, MVS offers a wide array of diagnostic tools and treatment options that you typically won’t find outside veterinary teaching hospitals, including:
- Orthopedic, soft tissue & neurologic surgical procedures
- Advanced pulmonary, immune, gastrointestinal & endocrine system diagnostics
- Oncology, including chemotherapy, surgery & palliative care
- Canine rehabilitation & water therapy
- I-131 program for hyperthyroidism in cats
- CT, ultrasound & x-ray diagnostic imaging
- Dermatology including management of allergic skin and ear disease
- Dentistry & Oral Surgery
- Ophthalmology services. MVS houses Advanced Animal Eye Care with Dr. Bill Miller, DVM, ACVO.
MVS’s experienced, multi-disciplinary team of residency-trained, board-certified doctors carefully tailors a diagnostic and therapeutic plan for each patient’s needs. Most importantly, our patients receive 24-hour monitoring, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our mission is to provide advanced diagnostic capabilities and the highest quality of care to our referred patients while meeting the needs of their families and referring veterinarians.
Our specialists work in conjunction with primary care veterinarians to provide continuous and compassionate care to our patients. By integrating our comprehensive diagnostic capabilities with careful monitoring after discharge, we provide superior client communication and a seamless transition to good health. By working on a referral only basis, we promote the value of the primary care veterinarian-patient-client relationship and ensure that we cooperate to provide the highest quality of care possible.
PetMed Emergency Center
When Memphis Veterinary Specialists’ office is closed, our facility houses PetMed, an after-hours emergency clinic. Visit the PetMed Emergency Hospital website at www.petmedemergency.com